I’ve been trying out a few dishes in my new air-fryer and this chicken tandoori is my all time favorite recipe. It’s quick, convenient and lip-smackingly good. The chicken is hot & crisp on the outside & juicy on the inside – just like a regular fried chicken but without all the oil. Try out my quick and easy recipe and do tag us on instagram or share your results with us!
- Bone-in chicken pieces – 1 kg
- Salt – as needed
- Turmeric powder – 1 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder – 1 ½ teaspoons
- Cumin powder – 2 teaspoons
- Coriander powder – 2 teaspoons
- Aachi chicken 65 masala – 2 teaspoons (or any homemade masala)
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tablespoon
- Juice of 1 whole lemon
- Yogurt/curd – ½ cup
- To begin making the chicken tandoori, mark slight incisions on the chicken and add all the ingredients listed. Combine well and let it marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes for the masalas to soak in. You can marinate the chicken overnight too but this is a quick and hassle free method.
- Place the pieces in the air-fryer basket leaving enough space between them and turn the air-fryer to 360 degrees F. Set the timer to 13 minutes and let it cook. Once done, flip the chicken with tongs and let it cook for another 10 minutes. You can use a knife to make a slight incision to check if it’s cooked through. You can reheat the chicken using the air-fryer by setting the timer to 3-4 minutes @360 degrees F
- Serve hot with green chutney and biriyani!