Carrot cake is something my husband loves & I try to come up with healthy recipes without compromising on the taste and texture. This is a super delicious, moist & rich cake which is way better than the regular carrot cake, that you won’t mind whipping up on a regular basis 😉
- DRY INGREDIENTS
- Almond flour – 1 1/2 cups
- Dry coconut powder – 2 tablespoon
- Baking soda – 1/2 teaspoon
- Ground cinnamon – 1 1/2 teaspoons
- WET INGREDIENTS:
- Eggs – 2 large
- Coconut oil- 1/3 cup melted
- Honey/maple syrup – 1/3 cup
- Vanilla essence – 2 teaspoon
- Finely Grated carrots – 2 cups
- Raisins/currants – 1/4 cup
- Choco chips(optional) – 1/4 cup
(Almond flour is basically blanched almonds ground into a fine powder. You can try making this at home)
Cream Cheese frosting :
- Cream cheese – 3 oz (85 grams) at room temperature
- Honey or organic cane sugar – 3 tablespoons
- Vanilla essence – 1 teaspoon
- Preheat oven to 380°F (190°C). Grease a 9 inch (23 cms) cake pan with oil & lightly dust it with flour or line the dish with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients. Set this aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the eggs, oil, honey, and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry mixture and mix well until combined and then gently fold in the grated carrots, raisins & chocochips. Don’t over mix!
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. (Recipes using Almond flour usually take a while to cook)
- Let the the cake cool for 10 minutes in the pan and then remove the cake and place on a wire rack to cool completely. Do not frost until completely cool as the frosting will melt.
- Cream cheese frosting – let the cream cheese sit at room temperature at least an hour before frosting.(it needs to be soft!)
- Mix all the ingredients together until thoroughly combined.
- Spread a thick layer on top of the cake and decorate with nuts.