So today Oct 6 is National Noodle Day and I wanted to seize the moment by sharing this delicious noodle bowl recipe loaded with colorful air-fried veggies, sliced meat & wholesome eggs! The noodles are seasoned with garlic and I’m still amused by how something as simple as garlic adds so much flavor and depth to every meal. The peanut dressing adds a little zing to the bowl but it’s completely optional! Try this out & let us know your comments. I had also shared a soupy Ramen bowl recipe a long while ago. You can look that up on my blog as well. 🙂
Ingredients: (makes 1 bowl)
- For the noodles:
- Noodles (Hakka/rice/udon/ramen) – 1 packet, cook according to package instructions
- Canola oil – 3 tablespoons
- Sesame oil – 1 teaspoon
- Garlic – 3 cloves (minced)
- red chilli flakes – 1 tablespoon
- salt to taste
- Other ingredients:
- Soft boiled or hard boiled eggs – 1
- Cherry belle radish (red radish) – thinly sliced
- Carrots – 1/2 julienne cut
- Mushrooms or broccoli – 1/2 cup
- Choice of meat – cut into strips
- soy sauce – 2 teaspoons
- salt & pepper for seasoning
- sesame seeds, spring onions & crushed peanuts for garnish
- Peanut dressing:
- peanut butter – 1/4 cup
- juice of 1 lime
- Honey – 1 tablespoon
- Sesame oil – 1 teaspoon
- Pinch of red pepper flakes (if you like it hot)
- To make the peanut dressing, whisk together all the ingredients mentioned under dressing using a fork or hand whisk until well incorporated. Drizzle before serving.
- Season the broccoli & mushrooms with salt, pepper & canola oil & toss them into the air-fryer & cook at @360 degrees F for 6 minutes or stir-fry until golden & cooked. Don’t overcook the broccoli as they need to be crunchy.
- Marinate the chicken or red meat in salt, pepper,soy sauce & a drizzle of oil for 15 minutes. Roast them in the air-fryer @400 degrees F for 10-12 minutes until well cooked. Or Stir-fry them in a pan over medium flame for 7-10 minutes.
- Prepare the noodles right before serving. Heat 3 tablespoons of canola oil in a wide saucepan and once hot add in minced garlic. saute until slightly golden. Add in the red chili flakes and toss in the cooked noodles and stir-fry until the garlic & chili flakes coat the noodles. Sprinkle salt & add a dash of sesame oil for flavour. Turn off the stove.
- To serve: Place the noodles in the bowl first and arrange the veggies along one side of the bowl over the noodles. Place the strips of meatalong the other side. Carefully cut the boiled egg in half and place next t o the meat. Sprinkle sesame seeds, chopped spring onions and crushed peanuts as garnish. Drizzle peanut dressing before enjoying your warm noodle bowl.