Life is about exploring pasta-bilities ! Haha, I must’ve mentioned a zillion times our love for italian cuisine. We love pasta in all forms equally and are open to try out any new variations in making it! So naturally, the tiktok viral fascinated us and we immediately got ourselves a large block of feta and some luscious grape tomatoes. We have enough stock of pasta to last year so we were pretty excited to make this. The baked grape tomatoes burst in your mouth with every bite and they ooze with flavor from the olive oil, pepper and chilli flakes. The feta cheese with it’s sharp, salty and tangy flavors elevated the pasta dish and stole the show! It’s strong flavors might not be fascinating to many but it was definitely unique in its own way. Do give this recipe a shot if you love experimenting with food. Take a picture and tag me on instagram or send me your results! #bakedfetapasta
- Greek Feta – 200 grams (1 block)
- Cherry or grape tomatoes – 2 cups
- Red onions or shallots – ½ cup, diced
- Garlic – 4-6 large cloves, minced
- Olive oil – ¼ cup
- Salt – 1 tablespoon
- Cracked black pepper – 1 tablespoon
- Red chilli flakes – 1 tablespoon
- Pasta – 350 grams or 12 ounces
- Whole milk – ½ cup (or ¼ cup heavy cream)
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place cherry tomatoes, onions and garlic in a baking dish. Spread then evenly while leaving enough space for the feta at the center.
- Place the feta cheese and drizzle olive oil all over tomatoes and cheese. Sprinkle salt, pepper & red chilli flakes.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. The tomatoes will start bubbling after 30 minutes. Now increase the oven temperature to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C) and bake for 10 minutes until roasted.
- Meanwhile , boil pasta with a pinch of salt and olive oil until al dente. Drain the water and keep aside.
- Remove from the oven and place on a heat-proof surface. (don’t forget to take an instagram worthy shot of he casserole 😀 )
- Mix the cheese, onions and tomatoes together and add ½ cup of milk to make a sauce. Add in some fresh basil leaves along with the cooked pasta. Stir well to combine. (You can add in your choice of meat too if preferred)
- Your baked feta pasta is ready without much effort! Serve hot with some fresh basil leaves for garnish.