I love experimenting with ripe bananas. There are endless ways to use them in your meals & desserts. I have posted my healthy gluten-free banana bread & banana blondies recipes too and the one I’ve tried here is a rich and healthy breakfast cookie and a couple of these are enough to keep you full until lunch. These 5-ingredient cookies are a perfect grab ‘n go breakfast meal so try it out!
Ingredients: (makes 6 large cookies)
- Ripe bananas – 2 large
- Peanut butter or almond butter – ⅓ cup
- Honey – 3 tablespoons
- Oats – 1 ½ cups
- Ground almonds (almond flour) – ½ cup
- Preheat oven to 380 F (190 C) & line a baking tray with parchment paper/butter paper and also drizzle a little oil onto it.
- In a mixing bowl, mash 2 large bananas and whisk in the peanut butter and honey.
- To this mixture add in oats and ground almonds and mix well until combined. The batter will not form a dough and will be thick and flowy. If it’s too runny, add in extra oats.
- Using an ice cream scoop or a spoon, drop large dollops of the cookie batter onto the prepared baking tray. Flatten them using the back of the spoon and leave enough space between them
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden and slightly firm. These cookies are chewy so they might be a little soft to touch.
- Cool them on a wire rack for 15 minutes so they will firm up a little more. Enjoy as is or drizzle some melted chocolate on it. You can grab these for breakfast when you’re in a hurry!