Many of you told me you loved my Avocado Brownies recipe, now here’s a super-fudgy Banana Peanut butter Blondie recipe which you will love even more. I’ve used homemade peanut butter in this recipe which is what makes this dessert decadent and rich! It also makes for a perfect Women’s day treat! Do try this out and enjoy your weekend!
- Ripe bananas – 2 large
- Peanut butter – ⅓ cup
- Coconut sugar or brown sugar – ⅓ cup
- Milk – ¼ cup
- Vanilla essence – 1 teaspoon
- Ground almonds/Almond flour – 1 cup
- Ground oats – 1 cup
- Cinnamon powder- 1 teaspoon
- Baking powder – ½ teaspoon
- Baking soda – ½ teaspoon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a rectangular baking dish with parchment paper (or) grease with oil and dust with flour.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mash 2 large ripe bananas with a fork. Add in peanut butter and whisk until smooth. Incorporate the coconut sugar into the mixture. If you don’t have coconut sugar use brown sugar instead but try reducing the amount of brown sugar since coconut sugar has lower glycemic index. Pour in the milk and vanilla essence and whisk everything together.
3. In a small bowl, mix together almond flour, ground oats, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon powder. Add the dry ingredient mixture to the wet ingredients and mix together until combined. Don’t over mix.
4. Pour the batter onto the baking dish and spread evenly. Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes or until the top is firm to touch and a toothpick inserted inside comes out clean. Let the blondies cool on a wire rack completely before slicing into squares. Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for upto a week.