Anyone who knows me, knows I love experimenting with beetroot! The rich and lovely color always inspires me to find ways to include them in my cooking. I sometimes use the juice as a natural food coloring & the results just blow my mind! I tasted this salad at a food festival and I wanted to recreate it at home and it came out perfect! You can serve this cold on a warm summer afternoon..
- Beetroot – 2 large (peeled & halved)
- Carrots – 3 large (peeled)
- Potatoes – 1 large (peeled & halved)
- Dill pickles – ¼ cup (finely chopped)
- Fresh garlic – 2 large cloves (minced)
- Red onions – ½ small (finely chopped)
- Green onions – ½ cup (green and white chopped)
- Cilantro – handful (chopped)
- Salt to taste
- Pepper – 1 tsp
- Olive oil – 1 tablespoon
- Bring a huge pot of water to a boil. Peel and cut the beetroots in half and add it to the boiling water. Let it cook with a lid on for 15 minutes on medium flame.
- Next , add peeled whole carrots and potatoes (cut in half). Let them boil for another 15 minutes on medium to high flame. Turn off the stove and let them soak in the water for 2 hours.
- Chop the vegetables into cubes and place them in a mixing bowl. Add fresh minced garlic and finely chopped dill pickles, green onions(white&green), red onions and cilantro.
- Finally season with salt, pepper & a drizzle of olive oil. Serve cold as a side for roasted Chicken or Fish.