Ok, by now you must have guessed how much we love our Pasta and this is my simple and gluten-free recipe for the famous Chicken Parmigiana/Chicken Parmesan. This isn’t deep fried or loaded with butter & cheese but it is definitely wholesome and makes your week nights better!
For the marination:
- Boneless Chicken breast – 2 pounds
- Ground turmeric – ½ teaspoon
- Ground cumin – 2 teaspoons
- Ground coriander – 2 teaspoons
- Ground cayenne or red chilli powder – 2 teaspoons
- Yogurt – 3 tablespoons
- Juice of 1 lime
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tablespoon
- Egg – 1 whole
For the Gluten-free Breading mix:
- White rice flour – 1 cup
- Tapioca flour or Cornflour – ½ cup
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
- Ground pepper – 1 teaspoon
- Dried oregano – 2 teaspoons
- Garlic salt(optional) – ½ teaspoon
For the pasta sauce:
- Olive oil – 2 tablespoons
- Garlic – 2 large cloves , minced
- Tomato puree – 1 cup (I use S & W premium from Costco)
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
- Sugar – 2 teaspoons
- Dried oregano – 1 tablespoon
- Dried red chilli flakes – ½ tablespoon
- Gluten-free spaghetti (I use Barilla Gluten-free)
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Vegetable or canola oil – 3 tablespoons (for pan frying the chicken)
- Fresh basil(optional) – for garnish
- Wash and marinate the boneless chicken breasts for 30 minutes or ovenight with all the ingredients listed under marination.
- Combine all the ingredients mentioned under the breading mix and dust the marinated chicken with the flour until evenly coated.
- Breaded chicken : Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a wide non-stick pan and pan-fry the breaded chicken on medium flame until it is well cooked, golden brown and crispy on each side. Keep aside.
- Boil spaghetti in 4 cups of water with little salt and oil until al dente. (Gluten-free pasta takes longer to cook.) Strain and season the pasta with salt, pepper, oregano & a drizzle of olive oil.
- Pasta sauce: Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a wide saucepan and add minced garlic and saute. Pour in 1 large cup of tomato puree and combine. Add the seasoning – salt, oregano and sugar and let it cook for 3 -5 minutes. Turn off the stove and finally add in some red chilli flakes.
Plating: In a serving plate, place the seasoned spaghetti and top it with the breaded chicken. Pour the pasta sauce liberally on the breaded chicken and sprinkle some grated Parmesan on top. Garnish with fresh basil and serve hot!!!