Say I love you with my homemade chocolate cake this Valentine’s Day. These mini cakes are cute, fudgy and so decadent that one bite will melt your Valentine’s heart. 😉 Or you can make this cake for yourself and indulge in some self love. With simple ingredients, these minis are quick to whip and need only a few minutes of baking time. So if you’re looking to make any last minute treats, this is the one for you! Make this year’s Valentines special and try out my recipe. Tag us and send us your results!
- Sugar – ½ cup
- Eggs – 3
- Unsweetened cocoa powder – ½ cup
- Dark chocolate – ¾ cup chopped
- Butter – ½ cup
- Instant coffee powder – 1 tablespoon
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease or line 6 ramekins with parchment paper and set aside. You can alternatively use a 8 inch cake mould for a larger cake.
- We will first beat the sugar and eggs until fluffy and doubled in volume. Using a stand mixer or an electric hand mixer, beat together the sugar and the eggs for 5-6 minutes until very fluffy, pale and creamy. (doubled in size) Add in the cocoa powder and beat until just combined.
- Simultaneously , melt butter, coffee powder and dark chocolate in a saucepan over low heat, stirring every once in a while to avoid burning. The coffee helps enhance the flavor of chocolate thereby making it decadent.Turn off the heat.
- Mix a large spoonful of the fluffy egg mixture into the melted dark chocolate and once combined add it the rest of the egg mixture. (If you pour the chocolate directly into it, it won’t mix well and the mixture will fall flat.)
- Fill into the prepared ramekins or moulds and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cake looks set but is soft to touch at the centre. If you’re baking in a larger mould, it takes longer to bake. Let them cool completely before enjoying. Overturn the cakes onto a clean plate and enjoy with a scoop of ice cream or yogurt or enjoy as is ‘cos they’re decadent and fudgy.