CHICKEN STUFFED BELL PEPPERS
- Bell peppers – 4 nos
- Minced chicken – 2 cups
- Onions – ½ finely chopped
- Tomatoes – ½ cup (chopped)
- Garlic – 2 cloves minced
- Turmeric – ½ tbsp
- Cayenne/Red chilli powder – 1 ½ tbsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tbsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
- Ground pepper – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Cilantro & green onions for garnish
- Olive Oil – 2 tsp
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut the tops off the peppers, remove the stems and finely chop the tops; set aside. Scoop out the seeds and the membrane and place them on a baking dish cut side up
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large pan over medium heat and add spices (turmeric, chilli powder,ground cumin & coriander). Roast the ground spices and then add chopped onions, bell peppers & garlic. Pour a few tablespoons of water if the onions tend to stick to the pan.
- Mix in the minced chicken and make sure the chicken is coated well with the spices. Add enough water, salt & let the chicken cook for about 15 mins.
- Cook the chicken until all the water is absorbed. Mix in the chopped tomatoes & cilantro.
- Fill the peppers with the chicken mixture. Pour a small amount of water onto the bottom of the baking dish. Cover with aluminium foil and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake again for 10-15 minutes until the peppers are soft.
- Garnish the tops with green onions and serve hot!