This is something I came up with because of the limited ingredients there is in the detox diet. I had chopped some strawberries, bananas, blueberries & I used Chickpea/besan flour as the crumble topping & added a pinch of cinnamon to give it that extra flavor. I’m making use of the chickpea flour as much as I can as I figured that it would be a great replacement for all purpose flour(maida). It also gives a nice crunch when baked with fruits. You can replace the berries with any fruits of your choice. I’ve added bananas as it balances the sourness of the berries..
Do remember to take your nutritional supplements as it is necessary at this stage of the diet..
- Strawberries – 1 cup chopped
- Blueberries – ½ cup
- Bananas – 2 large ripe , chopped
- Chickpea flour(besan) – ½ cup
- Ground Cinnamon – 1 teaspoon
- Vegetable oil – 2 teaspoons
(You can also include blackberries, raspberries or kiwis)
- Preheat oven to 380 degrees F(190 degrees C). In a baking dish scatter the chopped berries & bananas evenly. In a small bowl mix together chickpea flour and cinnamon and top the fruits with the flour until well coated. If you prefer you can add more cinnamon as it enhances the flavor.
- Drizzle 2 teaspoons oil over them and Bake uncovered for 15- 20 minutes until the fruit juices are bubbling around the edges and the chickpea flour turns golden. Serve hot !