This lovely cake was baked by my husband for my birthday and I was overjoyed at how beautifully it has turned out! Since I avoid Maida(all purpose flour) and refined sugar in my cooking & baking, he made this gluten-free & used honey as a sweetener for both the cake & the frosting. I love how it has beautiful notes of chocolate & hazelnut in every bite. Though it looks elaborate, It takes very few ingredients to make this and the method is quite simple. Try out my recipe for this Gluten-free, sugar-free & guilt-free Ferrero Chocolate cake!
- Coconut oil – 60 grams (½ cup)
- Any sugar free dark chocolate – 60 grams (½ cup)
- Honey – 45 ml (½ cup)
- Eggs – 3 , separated
- Vanilla essence – 1 tablespoon
- Ground hazelnuts – ½ cup
- Ground almonds – ½ cup
- Heavy cream – 1 cup
- Cocoa powder – 1 teaspoon
- Honey – 3 tablespoons
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Line a baking pan with parchment paper/ butter paper. Don’t just grease the pan as the parchment paper is essential.
- Add coconut oil & chocolate to a microwavable bowl & microwave on high for 30 seconds. Combine well so the chocolate is smooth & flowy. Microwave for another 30 seconds if there are some chunks left. Let it cool.
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks and pour them in separate bowls. Using an electric hand beater, whisk together the honey, egg yolks & vanilla essence until slightly thick & light in color. Pour the melted chocolate & coconut oil mixture into the egg yolk mixture. Whisk and combine well using a spatula. Mix in the ground hazelnuts and almond flour until combined.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites using the electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Add this in portions into the chocolate hazelnut mixture and mix very gently. Don’t over mix.
- Pour into the prepared baking pan and bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in comes out clean.
Frosting: In a large bowl, whisk the heavy cream on high for 3-4 minutes until stiff peaks form. Add in honey according to your preference & cocoa powder. Beat again until well combined. Use a star tip nozzle for your piping bag and fill the bag with the whipped cream. Pipe large roses onto the cake evenly. Garnish with hazelnuts and shaved chocolate. Enjoy a slice of this guilt-free yet delicious ferrero rocher cake! Refrigerate for upto 5 days.