Detox- Day 10 – Breakfast
Here’s an idea on what to make when you have excess fruits – Eat Crumble pie 😉 ! This fruit crumble is simple, easy and can be modified according to your taste and preference. I have used some mixed berries here but feel free to add any of your favorite fruits! Since the fruits are naturally sweet, I have not added any sugar unlike the other pie recipes. You can make this for breakfast or have it as an evening snack ‘cos it’s so good! Do try it out and leave your comments below!
- Strawberries – 1 cup
- Blueberries – ½ cup
- Ripe Bananas – 1 large
- Apples – 2 small
- Oats – 1 cup (preferably gluten-free)
- Ground Cinnamon – 1 teaspoon
- Vegetable oil – 4 tablespoons
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a 9*13 inches rectangular baking dish with one tablespoon of oil.
- Chop all the fruits into bite-sized pieces, removing the stems and seeds and spread them out evenly on the baking dish. (Mix them up before you do)
- Prepare the crumb topping by grinding 1 cup of oats and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in a blender until well combined and the oats resembles a fine powder. Add 3 tablespoons of oil into the oat flour and mix them together with your finger until it turns lumpy. It should hold well when you squeeze it with your palms and also crumble down when you break it up.
- Scatter the crumble topping onto the fruits evenly until all the fruits are covered with the topping.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminium foil and bake for 25 – 30 mins. After 30 mins remove the foil and bake uncovered for another 10 minutes until the fruit juices are bubbling around the edges of the pan and the top is firm and golden . If you prefer more color, broil on high for 3 minutes at the end.
- Serve hot with some cold coconut yogurt or ice cream!