This is a quick and easy recipe that can be made in less than twenty minutes. I love making this rice as it pairs well with oven roasted veggies, baked meat or curry and it requires very few ingredients.
Ingredients : (Serves two)
- Basmati rice(long grain rice) – ½ cup
- Garlic – 2 large cloves minced
- Cilantro(coriander leaves) – ½ cup chopped
- Lemon juice – 2 tablespoons
- Dried oregano – 1 tablespoon
- Salt – ½ teaspoon
- Olive oil – 2 teaspoons
(You can also add parsley & dried basil if you prefer)
- Rinse the rice thoroughly in water. In a large pot pour 3 cups of water and bring it to a boil. Add washed rice and let it cook on medium flame until it turns soft, about 15 minutes. (it should be slightly firm and not mushy) Drain the water and keep it aside
- Heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil in a wide non-stick pan and add minced garlic, ¼ cup cilantro, lemon juice oregano salt and saute on medium-low flame.
- Turn off the stove and gently mix in the rice. Be careful not to break the rice while mixing. Add in the remaining cilantro and serve with baked chicken and veggies.