I love making ginger garlic paste at home and this recipe adds a lot of flavor to any dish. I have also mentioned a few tips which will make things easier! Salt and vegetable oil help preserve the ginger garlic paste and it holds good for a longer time.
- Ginger – 1 cup (145 grams) peeled and chopped
- Garlic – 1 cup (145 grams) peeled
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
- Vegetable oil – 1 tablespoon
- Rinse ginger well in water and scrape off the skin using the edge of a spoon. This helps to avoid cutting off too much ginger when using a knife. Also a spoon is handy for getting into the nooks and crannies of the ginger root. Dice them well and place them in a measuring cup.
- Cut the ends of the garlic and peel them well. Add to the measuring cup alongside the ginger. We need one cup of ginger and a cup of garlic.
- In a blender or a mixie, grind garlic, ginger, salt and oil together until it forms a smooth paste. The salt serves as a preservative and the ginger garlic paste holds good for two months or more when refrigerated in an air-tight container.