Summer is here and it’s hard to say no to a bowl of sinfully delicious ice cream. But what if I told you that you can eat all of it without any guilt ?? So here’s my take on a healthier version of ice cream that has no cream or added sugar. It’s made entirely from frozen bananas and it tastes even better! You can substitute milk (dairy) with coconut milk, oat milk or almond milk for a vegan version. My recipe is a must-try! So save this post, try out this recipe and tag me or send me your results! Enjoy your summer!
- 3 large frozen bananas (chopped)
- ⅓ cup milk (can substitute with coconut/oat/almond milk)
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- Chopped nuts for garnish
- Peel bananas , slice them and freeze overnight in a ziploc bag.
- Before blending, take out the bananas from the freezer and let them sit for 5-7 minutes to lightly defrost them. This helps it easier to blend.
- Add the frozen bananas , milk, cocoa powder and peanut butter to the blender and blend on high for a few seconds until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer to a container and top with chopped nuts.
- Freeze for 4-5 hours. Scoop and enjoy!