This hearty bowl of vegetable soup will literally make your heart warm and content. It is loaded with nutrients and goodness and is a perfect meal in itself. I usually prefer soups for breakfast or dinner with a slice of toasted bread. What is great about this soup is that you can alter it according to the vegetables you have at home. It’s also a quick one-pot meal so do try it out and like or comment below!
Ingredients: (serves 3)
- Onions – ½ a medium onion, finely chopped
- Tomatoes – 1 medium, finely chopped
- Carrots – 1 large, finely chopped
- Green beans – 8 to 10, finely chopped
- Brussels sprouts – 4 or , thinly sliced
- Mushrooms – 3 (or 1 large) finely chopped
- Tomato paste/puree/ketchup – 1 tablespoon (Secret ingredient ;-D)
- Olive oil or vegetable oil – 2 teaspoons
- Salt to taste
- Ground turmeric – a pinch
- Ground cumin – ½ teaspoon
- Ground black pepper – 1 teaspoon
- All vegetables must be finely chopped. The Brussels sprouts serve as a replacement for cabbage and they add great flavor to the soup when paired with mushrooms.
- In a pressure cooker, heat two teaspoons of olive oil and saute onions until soft. Add in all the vegetables and saute well. Mix in the chopped tomatoes, tomato paste and add the seasoning (salt, ground turmeric, cumin & pepper).
- Pour enough water (about 2 ½ cups) and pressure cook for 3 whistles and turn off the stove. Let the pressure release naturally. Serve hot with your favorite bread for breakfast or as an appetiser!