What is December without cozying up in blanket with a large mug of Hot cocoa & marshmallows to keep you warm? A simple Hot Cocoa recipe which you can make for your kids that doesn’t take much of your time. I’ve added a hint of cinnamon to the traditional Hot Cocoa ‘cos why not? You can totally skip it or add in your favorite flavors like peppermint extract, etc., etc.The marshmallows I’ve used here are completely made from scratch but I’ll save the recipe for another day! Hope this hot beverage fills your heart and gives you all the warm fuzzy feels .
Ingredients: (Makes enough for two)
- Whole milk – 3 cups
- Cocoa powder – ¼ cup
- Granulated sugar – ½ cup
- Ground cinnamon – 2 teaspoons (optional)
- Vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon
- Marshmallows for garnish
- Mix together the sugar, cocoa powder and cinnamon in a a small bowl and keep aside.
- In a boiling pan, heat 3 cups of milk and once it starts boiling and is bubbly, add in the cocoa mixture and combine well using a whisk.
- Let it boil for a minute and then add in the vanilla extract. Whisk well and turn off the stove. (optional: you can add in a small cube of dark chocolate too if you prefer) Pour into a large mug and top with soft, fluffy marshmallows. Enjoy your hot beverage!