This is something I tried when I couldn’t find the time to soak and grind rice & urad dal. It saves time and makes good use of the leftover rice from lunch. The dosas turn out Crisp & perfect for breakfast or dinner. You can store this batter in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- Cooked rice – 1 cup
- Millet flour – ½ cup (I used jowar/sorghum millet)
- Red rice flour – ¾ cup (you can use white rice flour or ragi flour too)
- Water (for grinding) – 1 cup
- Yogurt – ¼ cup (use dairy-free if you’re trying the detox diet)
- Salt – 2 teaspoons
- Oil (2 teaspoons for each dosa)
- Blend the cooked rice, red rice flour and Jowar millet flour (in batches) in a blender with ¼ cup water and little water until smooth.
- Add more water if it’s too sticky. Once it reaches a flowy consistency, add the mixture into a large bowl. Add 2 teaspoon of salt and mix well.
- Prepare your cast iron skittle by adding a few spoons of water to the hot skillet. Wipe the pan with a paper napkin. Then our two teaspoons of oil and wipe the pan again with a paper napkin. Your pan is now ready for making dosas.
- Pour a ladleful of batter and gently spread the batter in a circular motion. You need to be gentle as the batter might break and form lumps.
- Add a few drops of oil on the dosa
- Cook them for a minute or two till the edges leave the pan . Flip the dosa and cook the other side for less than a minute. Flip again and fold the dosa in half. Serve hot with chutney, sambar or your favorite Non-vegetarian curry.