Keema is a favorite among every Indian and there are many ways in which we incorporate minced meat into our dishes. I have made a quick and easy keema matar which is delicious and goes well with your rotis or pulao! It’s fairly simple to make with the help of a pressure cooker and is a one pot meal. Try this out and tag us on instagram!
(Prep time = 5 minutes, cook time = 30 minutes)
- Minced meat – washed & drained
- Peas – 1 katori
- Potatoes (optional) – 1 peeled and chopped
- Onions – 1 medium, finely chopped
- Tomatoes – 1 medium, pureed
- ginger garlic paste – 2 teaspoons
- green chilli – 1
- coconut milk – 1/4 cup (optional)
- oil – 2 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric – 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin powder – 1 tablespoon
- Coriander powder – 2 tablespoons
- Kashmiri Red chilli powder – 2 teaspoons
- Homemade curry powder or meat masala – 2 teaspoons
- Whole spices:
- Cinnamon stick – 2 inch long
- cardamom – 1
- cloves – 2
- bay leaf – 1
- In a pressure cooker, heat 2 tbsps of oil and add the whole spices. Saute onions, green chilli until the onions turn transparent and add in ginger garlic paste. Once the raw smell wears off, pour in the pureed tomato. Mix well and add in salt, ground turmeric, coriander, cumin, red chilli and curry powder.
- Add in the minced meat to the mixture, pour two cups of water and pressure cook for 3-4 whistles. release the pressure naturally and open the cooker, Add in the peas and chopped potatoes, pour 1 1/2 cup water and let it cook for 15-20 minutes until soft . Finally mix in the coconut milk, garnish with coriander leaves and turn off the stove. Enjoy hot with a plate of parotta or pulao!