The weekend is almost here and it’s the perfect excuse to experiment with our favorite dishes! Some of us might prefer eating out but here’s a simple recipe that will change your mind! You will never feel the urge to spend all your money on restaurant-made Fried chicken as you can make them at home! These KFC strips are perfectly crispy with the right amount of spice which will make you ask for more! I have paired it with some flatbread from @traderjoe’s and a quick homemade coleslaw and it felt like a replica of the famous Fried Chicken Bao! You can serve it with your favorite homemade dip or some ketchup – the choice is yours! Do try this out and tag us on Instagram @sugar_spice_biriyani_rice with your version of it!
Wet Batter Ingredients:
- Boneless Chicken – 1 kg, cut into thin strips
- Eggs – 2
- Milk – ¼ cup
- Aachi chicken 65 masala – 3 tbsp
- Turmeric – 1 tsp
- Ground Cayenne pepper (or)Red chilli powder – 1 or 2 tbsp
- Smoked paprika(or)Kashmiri chilli powder – 1 tbsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tbsp
- Ground pepper – 1 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Lemon juice – 3 tsp
- Salt to taste
Dry batter :
- All purpose flour/Maida – 1 cup
- Salt – a pinch
- Garlic powder – a pinch (optional)
- Oregano – 1 tsp (optional)
- Mix all the ingredients listed under “wet batter” and marinate the chicken for half an hour to one hour in the refrigerator.
- In a wide bowl, mix all purpose flour, salt, garlic powder & oregano. Use ground pepper in place of oregano if you don’t have any. Don’t add water.
- Heat oil in a pan. Dip each marinated chicken strip in the dry maida mixture until well-coated and shallow fry until golden brown & crispy.
- Serve immediately with your choice of dip.