Why have abs when you can have kebabs!? Haha, here’s a delicious Sheekh Kebab recipe for you to make during the weekend. This recipe was given to me by my brother-in-law (husband’s brother) who loves a little outdoor barbecue fun! These kebabs are one of the best things I’ve made as they’re juicy and packed with flavor! What I love about them is that they’re super super easy to make and requires very little effort but give you great results. If you have access to an outdoor grill then grilling them would be the best option as they will give you a lovely smokey flavor. You can also bake them in the oven or in an air-fryer which are more convenient. Try out this recipe and tag me on instagram or send me a pic of your results! You will love them as much as we do.
- 500 gms Lamb/beef mince
- ½ red bell peppers, finely chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup cilantro/coriander leaves, finely chopped
- ½ cup mint leaves, finely chopped
- 2-3 green chillies finely chopped
- 1 ½ teaspoons ginger garlic paste
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- ½ teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons chilli powder
- ¾ teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel seeds
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Salt as required
- The mixture needs to be marinated overnight. So first off, wash the lamb or beef mince and strain the water completely. Add in all the ingredients listed and mix very well so that the spices are completely combined. Refrigerate this mixture and let it marinate overnight or for about 4-5 hours.
- Shape the mixture into kebabs or meatballs based on preference and grill them over a charcoal grill or a gas and propane grill for best results.
- To bake: Another option is to bake them in a preheated oven @400 degrees F (200 degrees C) for 25-30 minutes. Brush the kebabs with the rendered juices midway. Enjoy hot with pita bread and a yogurt dip! Click here for the mediterranean tzatziki dip recipe.