I know I have been doing a series on Chutneys but I thought this lemon mint cooler is a need of the hour recipe as it is ridiculously hot here and the excessive heat wave in California only seems to get worse! This drink is a regular in our house and we love how the freshness of mint leaves pair perfectly well with the tartness of lemons. Adding a dash of ginger to this awakens your senses and keeps you feeling refreshed all through the day! Enjoy this delicious beverage and let us know how you like it!
- Juice of 5 lemons – about 1 cup of juice
- Water – 5 cups
- Sugar – ½ cup + ¼ cup
- Pinch of salt
- Ginger – 2 inch piece or more
- Mint leaves – ½ cup packed
- In a large pitcher, Mix together the lemon juice, ½ cup sugar and water until the sugar is well incorporated. (Or you can make sugar syrup and add it to the lemon juice)
- In a blender, add in the ginger, mint leaves, ¼ cup sugar and a small quantity of the lemon juice. Blend well until no chunks are left.
- Add this mixture to the lemon juice with a pinch of salt. Combine well. Enjoy immediately with ice cubes or refrigerate until ready to serve!