Indulge in this deliciously creamy French dessert for Valentine’s Day! Parfait in French literally means “perfect” and it is a frozen dessert made with cream, eggs, sugar syrup & it resembles a custard. The one I’ve tried here is an American version with yogurt/curd , granola, fresh fruits and is suitable for breakfast as well. It is a simple layered dessert that is packed with flavor!
Ingredients: (Two servings)
- Chilled Mangoes – 2 cups divided (cut into cubed)
- Honey – 3 tablespoons
- Plain Yogurt – 1 cup
- Grated Orange zest – 1 tablespoon
- Sugar-free Granola – ½ cup
(You can use dried fruits, nuts & pumpkin seeds as alternatives to granola. You can also incorporate any fruits of your choice in place of mangoes.)
- To prepare the mango filling you can either puree 1 cup mangoes in a blender or make a jam out of it by cooking the chopped mangoes on medium flame with a 1 teaspoon of honey. Cook them for 3 to 5 minutes and mash them with a fork until they turn mushy. Turn off the stove and cool completely. (I prefer cooking the mangoes instead of pureeing them because they turn out chunky which makes it even better!)
- In a small bowl , whisk 1 cup of plain yogurt until smooth and add in 3 tablespoons of honey. If the yogurt is too sour you can add in more honey. Add in the grated orange zest to the yogurt and freeze the yogurt mixture for 5 minutes.
Assembling: Layer 1 tablespoon of granola into the bottom of two tall glasses. Then pour two tablespoons of the mango puree over the granola & top it with a huge scoop of the chilled yogurt. Alternate layers of mangoes and granola with yogurt until the glasses are filled to the top. Finally garnish with fresh chunks of mangoes, granola & mint leaves if you prefer. Serve immediately to keep granola crunchy.