Spice up your weekends by trying out my delicious Masala shrimp stir-fry with its caramelized onions and crisp curry leaves. This recipe is special as it’s the first one I had uploaded on my blog. It’s the easiest to prepare and makes for a perfect side-dish for your lunches. My friends and family have tried out my recipe and they absolutely love it. So you should try it too! Do send pics of how it turns out and I’ll upload your results on my page!
- Deveined shrimp – 500 gms
- Oil – 2 tablespoons
- Red onions – 1 whole
- Baby shallots – 6-7
- Curry leaves – 2 sprigs
- Salt – as required
- Turmeric – ½ teaspoon
- Red chilli powder – 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder – 2 teaspoons
- Cumin powder – 1 teaspoon
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 1/2 teaspoons
- Juice of half a lemon
- Marinate the shrimp in the spices listed under ‘marinade’ for about 30 mins.
- Heat a wide non-stick pan and pour 2 tablespoons of oil and saute chopped red onions , shallots and curry leaves until the onions turn transparent and golden brown. It takes about 3-4 minutes when sauteed on a high flame.
- Then add in the marinated shrimp and saute until the masala coats the onions and the curry leaves evenly.
- Keep sauteing the shrimp for about 8-10 mins so that they don’t stick to the pan. Once they’re well cooked, turn off the stove & serve hot!