Mushrooms are so versatile that they can adapted to suit any type of cuisine. We love mushrooms in our pastas and soups but this peppery mushroom fry is our winner! It takes very less time to prep and cook and includes the most common pantry staple ingredients. A perfect side dish for your lunch and dinner as it goes well with rice, parathas and pastas too! Try out my easy recipe and tag me! You will love this recipe as it will take so mushroom in your heart! (see what I did there 😉 )
- Cremini/baby bella Mushrooms (dark brown) – 200 grams, chopped (2 cups)
- Onions – ⅓ cup, finely chopped
- Garlic – 4 large cloves, minced
- Vegetable/canola oil – 2 tablespoons
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder – 1 ½ teaspoons
- Ground pepper – 3 teaspoons
- Cilantro/coriander leaves for garnish
- (Baby bella (dark brown) mushrooms have an intense flavor and are better in taste than white button mushrooms. But if they’re not available, feel free to use white mushrooms.) In a wide kadai or frying pan, heat 2 tablespoons of oil and saute onions and garlic for a minute on high flame until the onions are caramelised(golden brown)
- Mix in the chopped mushrooms, stir and cover and let it cook for a minute. The mushrooms will start releasing water. Saute and combine well and let the mushrooms cook for 3-4 minutes with a lid on while stirring in regular intervals to avoid burning.
- Once they shrink and are cooked through, season with salt, coriander powder and ground pepper. Mix well until combined evenly and let the masalas cook for a minute. You iwll get a semi-gravy consistency.
- Turn off the stove and garnish with chopped cilantro. Serve hot with rice, paratha or pasta too! Enjoy!