Peanut butter is something I’ve been making for a long time. We never buy jams or nut butters as we prefer making them at home. I usually use peanut butter in my cakes or as a frosting. The combination of peanut butter, Nutella & sliced bananas on a toast is heavenly! Do try this simple recipe and make your own breakfast spreads !
- Peanuts/groundnuts – 2 cups (250 grams)
- Honey – 2 teaspoons
- Vegetable or canola oil – 2 tablespoons
- Dry roast the peanuts in a non-stick pan until they’re golden brown. Let it cool and transfer the peanuts to a blender or food processor. Grind until they form a soft smooth paste. It takes about 2-3 minutes.
- When you grind them, the peanuts would first break down and form a powder and when you continue to grind, they would begin to release their oils which helps form the smooth butter.
- Scrape down the edges of the blender and add 2 tablespoons of oil and 2 teaspoons of honey. You can add extra honey if you prefer them sweeter. Blend again until it’s smooth and flowy. Transfer to an air-tight jar and use in your cakes or as a spread. You can store in the refrigerator for upto a month.