A super quick spice blend for all your Taco Tuesdays! Skip the store-bough ones and make your own!
- Ground cayenne pepper or chilli powder – 1 tablespoon
- Smoked paprika or Kashmiri chilli powder – 2 teaspoons
- Red chilli flakes – ½ teaspoon
- Cumin powder – 1 teaspoon
- Garlic powder – 1 teaspoon
- Oregano seasoning – 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper – ¼ teaspoon
- Combine all the ingredients together to make a smooth powder. Use this for seasoning taco meat, loaded nachos or chicken fajitas.
- NOTES : If you don’t have chilli flakes at home, try roasting dried red chillies and pulse them a few times in a blender until they are flaky. Don’t powder them.
- If garlic powder isn’t available at your store, try dry roasting two small cloves of garlic until golden brown on all sides and blend them with the other spices.