Happy Women’s Day to all the incredible & strong women out there! May we know them; May we be them; May we raise them! My post here is dedicated to this special day. Celebrate femininity with my super easy and healthy Vegan Blueberry Cheesecake that is loaded with goodness. This is a delicious no bake cheesecake where the crust is made with superfoods such as Dates and walnuts which are rich in Iron and Omega- 3 fatty acids that help strengthen our body during periods. Walnuts are warm in nature and are loaded with rich dietary fiber. It can naturally produce heat in your body that will regularize your blood flow. Dates are rich in Iron and help reduce cramps and also promote natural labor. They help increase haemoglobin levels which fluctuate for women. A natural remedy to beat anemia.
The cheesecake filling is made with fresh blueberries which leave you refreshed with every bite. Blueberries are great antioxidants and help fight inflammation. Sweetened with honey, this is a perfect healthy dessert when you want to treat yourself. Do try out my recipe and surprise the women in your life with this delicious treat.
For the crust:
- Walnuts – ½ cup, chopped
- Dates – 8-10 dates, chopped
- Desiccated coconut – 2 tablepsoons
- Coconut oil – 1 tablespoon
- A pinch of salt
- Cashewnuts – 1 ½ cup
- Blueberries – 1 cups
- Cream of Coconut milk – 1 cup
- Coconut oil – 2 tablespoons
- Honey – ½ cup
- Fresh Orange juice – 2 tablespoons
- Grated Orange / lemon zest – 2 tablespoons + more for garnish
- You will only need a blender or a food processor to make this quick and easy cheesecake. Additionally you will need a springform cake pan or a casserole dish to assemble the cheesecake.
- Let’s begin by preparing the crust. In a food processor or a blender, add in all the ingredients listed under the cheesecake crust and pulse until they break down and form into a thick, sticky mass. If you’re using a blender, chop up all the ingredients before pulsing them.
- Transfer the mixture onto the springform pan, and press with your fingertips and spread evenly throughout the pan. Freeze or refrigerate the crust while you prepare the cheesecake filling.
- Add all the ingredients listed under filling into the blender and puree until thick, smooth and creamy. (Optional – soak the cashew nuts in hot water for 20 minutes, drain and puree for better texture)
- The coconut oil and the coconut milk help firm up the filling when refrigerated.
- Pour the mixture onto the chilled crust. Gently tap the pan onto the counter to break any air bubbles. Refrigerate the mixture for 5- hours or overnight or freeze for a couple of hours before enjoying a slice! Serve with grated orange zest.