This smooth, creamy yellow curry wins my heart over and over again! It has no onions or tomatoes and with just one secret ingredient you can enjoy an exotic meal in the comfort of your own home! I tried this out when I wanted to keep it simple with a light veg curry and I feel it tastes like a replica of the traditional Thai yellow curry and hence the name! It’s simple, fuss free and Oh so delicious! You should definitely try this out!!
- Oil – 2 tablespoons
- Mixed veggies – 4 cups, washed & chopped
- Turmeric powder – 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder – 2 teaspoons
- Red chilli powder – 1/2 or 1 teaspoon
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 teaspoons
- Salt to taste
- Canned Coconut milk – 1 cup
- Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a saucepan and saute all the veggies for 5 minutes. Add the turmeric, coriander and cumin powder. Mix in the ginger garlic paste and salt and let the spices coat the veggies evenly. Add 1 cup of water and let it boil until the vegetables are well cooked and the water evaporates almost completely. Pour in 1 cup of creamy coconut milk and combine well. Check for seasoning, Turn off the stove in two minutes and take it off the heat. See to it that the spices are well incorporated into the coconut milk and the entire curry comes together and is smooth. Enjoy hot with steamed white rice!