This is an amazing dish you can make for your friends if you’re hosting a party at home and it’ll sure be a hit! It looks beautiful, tastes amazing and easy to make as well. We had this with some herb rice and roasted broccoli and it was a perfect meal for two!
- 2 medium zucchini (about 8 inches)
- 1 cup ground meat
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Turmeric – 1/2 tsp
- Ground Cayenne pepper/Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Trim the ends off zucchini. Cut zucchini in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp, leaving 1/2-in. shells. Finely chop the pulp.
- In a skillet, cook the ground meat, zucchini pulp, onion, mushrooms and peppers with the spices over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Remove from the heat. Add salt and pepper; mix well. Spoon into the zucchini shells. Place in a greased 13×9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° until zucchini is tender, 25-30 minutes. Serve hot with your favorite dish.